JOHNSON COUNTY, TEXAS
CEMETERY INSCRIPTIONS COPIED BY Rev. & Mrs. GORDON MILTENBERGER
PRESENTED TO THIS LIBRARY BY THE JOHNSON COUNTY HISTORICAL SURVEY COMMITTEE
Transcribed by GARY & LISA MOSELEY 1999.
1 Numbers at the extreme right side of the page are indicators of enclosures. Stones in a common enclosure will have the same number, regardless of surname.
2. The use of the term "sic" has been avoided. Spellings of names are as found. Abbreviations of names are not used unless as on the stones.
3. Verses were not copied; references to relationship were copied.
4. Stone cutters referred to on monuments:
1. Jno. A. Bergin & Son, Fort Worth, Texas (p. 35)
2. I. Holmes, Cleburne, Texas (p. 1, 7)
3. Rosebrough Monument Co., St. Louis, Missouri
4. J. B. Anderson & Sons, Cleburne, Texas (Bethesda Cemetery)
copied November 1967
north side of county road 901 west of railroad
BARNES, B. Olie 30 September 1868 / 21 October 1904 Father
YOUNG, Fannie Moss 27 September 1866 / 16 October 1954 Mother
MOSS, W. H. 7 July 1868 / 20 October 1913
MOSS, J. S. 12 August 1831 / 25 July 1906
Lydia wife of J. S. Moss 3 April 1840 / 1 November 1903
TAYLOR, Arthur L. 7 November 1872 / 3 March 1931 Father
Lulie Moss 24 November 1872 / Mother
The above stones are in an enclosure; the following stone is outside.
NICHOLS, Martha E. 185- / 1870 (carved on sandstone; illegible)