JOHNSON COUNTY, TEXAS
CEMETERY INSCRIPTIONS COPIED BY Rev. & Mrs. GORDON MILTENBERGER
PRESENTED TO THIS LIBRARY BY THE JOHNSON COUNTY HISTORICAL SURVEY COMMITTEE
Transcribed by GARY & LISA MOSELEY 1999.
1 Numbers at the extreme right side of the page are indicators of enclosures. Stones in a common enclosure will have the same number, regardless of surname.
2. The use of the term "sic" has been avoided. Spellings of names are as found. Abbreviations of names are not used unless as on the stones.
3. Verses were not copied; references to relationship were copied.
4. Stone cutters referred to on monuments:
1. Jno. A. Bergin & Son, Fort Worth, Texas (p. 35)
2. I. Holmes, Cleburne, Texas (p. 1, 7)
3. Rosebrough Monument Co., St. Louis, Missouri
4. J. B. Anderson & Sons, Cleburne, Texas (Bethesda Cemetery)
copied November 1967
County Road 1237 (near Somervell and Johnson County line) copied January 1969
STANFORD, Harrison born 10 July 1817 died 15 August 1888
STANFORD, J. H. husband of Vinie Stanford born 24 May 1861 died 13 July 1890 STANFORD, Polly wife of Harrison Stanford born 14 July 1835 died 4 September 1887
The cemetery has fifteen graves; three are indicated above; twelve are marked with concrete headstones and footstones; no carvings.