JOHNSON COUNTY, TEXAS
CEMETERY INSCRIPTIONS COPIED BY Rev. & Mrs. GORDON MILTENBERGER
PRESENTED TO THIS LIBRARY BY THE JOHNSON COUNTY HISTORICAL SURVEY COMMITTEE
Transcribed by GARY & LEISA MOSELEY 1999.
1 Numbers at the extreme right side of the page are indicators of enclosures. Stones in a common enclosure will have the same number, regardless of surname.
2. The use of the term "sic" has been avoided. Spellings of names are as found. Abbreviations of names are not used unless as on the stones.
3. Verses were not copied; references to relationship were copied.
4. Stone cutters referred to on monuments:
1. Jno. A. Bergin & Son, Fort Worth, Texas (p. 35)
2. I. Holmes, Cleburne, Texas (p. 1, 7)
3. Rosebrough Monument Co., St. Louis, Missouri
4. J. B. Anderson & Sons, Cleburne, Texas (Bethesda Cemetery)
copied November 1967
HUGHES, Archilus - dates have been removed - a lamb on top of stone indicates child
HUGHES, James R. 2 February 1855 / (5 or 9) August 1861
HUGHES, Sarah Archer January 1854 / 10 October 1860 (broken)
HUGHES, Nancy R. died in infancy
KENNARD, Sarah W. wife of W. E. Kennard born February ---- died March -----
WATTS, Franklin Lafayett 7 February 1872 / 13 October 1889
WATTS, Lela Ada daughter of J. M. & M. L. Watts 12 June 1878 / 8 August 1878
WATTS, Lula A. daughter of J. M. & M. L. Watts 8 August 1867 / 3 May 1882